Did you know that the people you surround yourself with are reflections of certain parts of you…they are your “mirror”.
What does this mean? People will ultimately treat you, how you treat yourself.
Quite simply, we attract what we are (or ourselves). Ever notice something irritating or infuriating about someone…could be your child, friend or spouse? Yes? Well, most likely you see something in them that you don’t like about yourself.
There are those of us who are subconsciously reliving our youth traumas which contribute to our fears, anxieties, drama’s etc. We are attracting those people that reflect the same dysfunctions in us by bringing them to the surface. Its like looking in the mirror and not liking what we see (emotionally).
As yourself these questions:
- Do you attract emotionally unavailable partners that are non-committal in relationships?
- Do you constantly focus on the relationships you can’t have without exploring why you are not attracting men/women who ARE available?
- Are you attracted to married women/men?
- Do you attract men/women who need “fixing”?
If any of these scenario’s sounds familiar you need to explore deeply and ask yourself:
- Am I emotionally available and able to commit to a healthy relationship?
- Are there parts of me that need fixing that I am avoiding (old wounds) which is why I focus on him/her vs. myself?
- Am I subconsciously working through childhood trauma (i.e. abandonment) by chasing unavailable partners?
- Am I trying to protect myself therefor I attract which that which I cannot have?
So simply put, if you want to attract healthy people into your life. If you desire healthy friendships and relationships (i.e. lovers, family, co-workers, etc.) then you yourself need to be healthy.
If you take the time to work on yourself (self love/care) not only will you feel AMAZING but you will attract healthier people into your life and have deeper more meaningful relationships.
Start today with focusing on yourself..look in your own mirror and decide what part of you is attracting toxic people.
Remember, people will always show you who they are – believe them.
If you are interested in one on one coaching please click contact us.