As a follow-up to a previous post How well do you know yourself the worksheet below can help you self guide through some important questions to determine how well you really do know yourself. The purpose of this exercise is to help you discover what you need to work on so you can find your true self.
As with anything, self-care work is a process. I always refer to it as Stepping Stones. It is a very delicate process and you need to take it one step at a time and not miss any steps.
- Describe yourself in 10 words or less (please use your own words – we are gauging how you view yourself not how others view you – they can be quite different)
- What is something you can change about yourself today that will benefit your future?
- What are you struggling with that no longer serves you and you can simply let go of and release?
- What deep needs do you have that aren’t being met?
- Are you holding back forgiveness (which is keeping you from moving forward)? If so, to who do you owe forgiveness to?
- What negative thought patterns do you have? do you ruminate these thoughts?
- Are you fully present with the people you love when you are with them?
- Are you making life more complicated than it needs to be? Where and how?
- Are you mistreating your body or compromising your health? (i.e. over eating, drinking, smoking, over exercising, stressing, work compulsion)
- What do you feel most passionate about?
- What do you need more of in your life?
- What would your friends and family say your strengths and weaknesses are?
- What is your vision for yourself in the next 5 years?
- If you died tomorrow, what would be your biggest regret? what would you regret not doing?
- Have you let go of past trauma? are you letting it control your future?
This is a self guided exercise to open your mind and help you see where you need to put extra focus.
My suggestion, write all your answers in a journal or notebook and tackle one or two questions at a time. Really put thought into your responses, remember you will be the only one seeing them.
Once you start working through the answers you will start understanding yourself better. It’s pretty amazing.
If you would like to do this exercise together in a one on one coaching session please contact me at http://www.AveshaEmpower.com or email@example.com and we can set up a time that is convenient for you.
– I am safe, I am grounded, I am balanced –