Its true, I love my forties!
I have never felt so confident, so radiant, so beautiful and so strong…in my entire life.
I truly believe life starts in your forties.
In my twenties I was insecure, confused, in a rush to do EVERYTHING…and didn’t care who I did it with.
I enjoyed my thirties but I always felt I had something to prove. I remember at one point thinking…OK, I am married and have two kids and a home…at the age of thirty…I did what I was supposed to do, Im successful. Phew!
Turning forty didn’t bother me, at all, I was excited to enter this age group. Although I was NOT excited about wrinkles, gray hair and night sweats….there are so many other amazing things that outweigh all the not so exciting things about being forty – *smiles*
So what do I love….
- My confidence, I truly don’t care what people think of me and never do I try and impress anyone…I have learned that not everyone likes us and we don’t like everyone, enough said.
- How I look, yes, I have a better physique now than when I was twenty. Women in their forties take much better care of themselves, its true! We eat right, exercise and take supplements (no junk food, tanning, or lack of exercise). We do not take our bodies for granted.
- My friendships, they are so real. I love the fact that I am choosing who I spend time with and who I allow in my life. Through many lessons we learn that not everyone belongs in our life, we have every right to choose who we wish to share our Journey with.
- My soul, who I have become as a person and what that embodies. I love me, for the first time ever. I accept me for all my faults and my strengths. I enjoy time with myself and crave that time when things get crazy.
- Success defined by me. Success is a personal thing and as you get older it becomes more about the Journey than the actual destination. Success isn’t defined by how much money you have or the car you drive, its more about who you are as a person. I know plenty of people with big houses, cars and lots of money who I would not consider successful.
- Simplicity. It really is the little things in life that make us happy. I enjoy waking up early, a hot cup of coffee, writing in my journal, a quick walk in the park, a hike in nature, a hot epsom salt bath, reading, meditation and yoga. These things really do make my soul sing.
- Spirituality, this is personal and private for me but it has brought me much joy while I explore beliefs and teachings.
- The Universe, for providing me with all the above.
Forty is just the beginning of a beautiful soulful life.