“Every day we are born again” – Buddha
Over time and by creating daily KeyStone Habits you can learn to transform your life into the one you deserve. For this, I like to use the term – stepping stones. Every little step you take brings you one step closer to your new and healthy life.
With stepping stones you literally take each and every day, one step at a time. It takes inspiration, determination and the drive to want to change and commitment to stay on task and focused as you begin your new Journey.
It takes 26 days for a habit to become a lifestyle.
There are so many ways to begin making little but impactful changes in your life. Personally I found that starting with a morning routine was the best place to begin my Journey.
Thankfully I am a morning person so creating a morning routine was exciting for me. I live by my routine daily and even when I travel I try not to miss a beat because when I do, I am a wreck. I was on a business trip in February and I wasn’t able to do the things I normally do to start my day…I really struggled.
So needless to say, my morning routine is very important to me, it provides structure and gives me something to look forward to as I rise in the morning and gets my head in the right place so I am ready to tackle my day with a clear mind and a peaceful soul.
I am grateful for this practice and I continue to alter it to adjust to life’s little changes and challenges.
Below are some”morning ritual” ideas to help you create your own daily practice –
- Wake up with the sunrise (“early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise” – Benjamin Franklin, famously)
- Drink a glass of room temperature water (with lemon if you can – fantastic liver cleanse)
- Walk the dog / get on the treadmill (I don’t care how cold or hot it is, get moving)
- Make a green smoothie – google smoothie recipes for some awesome ideas
- Brush your teeth, wash your face, give yourself a mini facial (I have some fantastic organic facial recipes to share)
- Do at least 15 minutes of yoga stretches and if you are feeling bold do a 30 minute power yoga session 🙂
- Start and exercise routine
- Meditate for at least 5 minutes (download the Simple Habit, Calm or HeadSpace app for an easy guided meditation)
- Practice grounding and earthing
- Make a hot cup of coffee or tea – drink it slow and savor the flavor 🙂
- Write in your journal (express your gratitude, set your goals, write down your worries and let them go) – Don’t know how to journal or where to begin? start here
- Read your gratitude list out loud and thank the Universe, God, Buddha, whatever you believe in for another beautiful day in this life
- Take a hot shower and be in the moment (you can also take a hot bath with Epsom salt and lavender before bed to wash away the day)
- Get ready for your day (do your hair, put on makeup)
- Dress to impress (even if you work from home – yoga pants are not pants)
- If you commute, put on your favorite music or audio book – enjoy the time you have to yourself
Its just as easy and important to create an “evening wind-down ritual” as well (Contact Us for ideas to create your evening ritual).