– The only way over it, is through it! –
Anxiety is a fear based emotion and/or feeling. It is the feeling of a lack of control. However, it can exist only if we feed it.
We feed anxiety by either by living in the past and wishing for a different outcome or by trying to predict or control the events of our future.
On a very basic level anxiety is a lack of trust in ourselves and the Universe. A worry of what is to come. An inability to process and accept the past. It is the action of trying to prevent a certain outcome by driving it a certain way (not trusting the Universe). It is a lack of forgiveness of others and Self.
Anxiety = fear
The anecdote for fear is to trust Self and the Universe. We need to stop trying to control the outcome and allow the magic of the Universe to unfold. We spend so much time trying to steer the events of our lives and dictate where we think they should go, that we end up missing the magic of where it could lead us. We need to trust.
Anxiety will not subside on its own. We must resolve the underlying fear or trauma before the anxiety can start to dissipate.
- We must dig deep and explore our past and present Self;
- We must let go of what we are trying to forget (but can’t);
- We must let go of what we fear to lose;
- We must not try to run from it, hide from it, nor should we feed it or mask it and expect it to go away.
We must look at anxiety/fear as if we are holding on to a very short rope. Holding on to this rope is exhausting, draining and it is emotionally killing us. However, this fear of letting go of the rope has become our lifeline and a way to avoid the unknown.
Letting go of that rope IS scary, however, letting goes frees you and allows you to BE!
- Be you
- Be happy
- Be free
- Be strong
- Be loved
- Be content
- Be empowered
- Be still
- Be safe
How do you get rid of the anxiety?
Let go of the rope!
- have faith – find your spirituality
- create a blank slate/fresh start – the life of your dreams
- live a clean life
- do the right thing
- don’t keep secrets
- listen to and trust you intuition
- surround yourself with happy people
- do not run from your problems
- stop self medicating
- ask for help
- see a counselor/coach/therapist
- talk through your fears and issues
- feel your feelings
- confront childhood trauma
- feel – cry – repeat
- learn to trust yourself
- figure out who YOU are
- give up all vices (drugs, alcohol, food)
- enjoy the moment for what it is
- be in nature
- journal your thoughts and feelings
- express gratitude
- fall in love (with yourself and others)
- surround yourself with peace
- remove physical and emotional clutter
- remove those that are toxic from your life
- create a self care routine
Sadly I spent most of my life (starting at a very young age) living in an anxious state. This is a horrible way to exist. It wasn’t until I worked through my childhood trauma, abandonment and fears that I started to notice the anxiety lessen until it eventually disappeared.
I also learned coping skills to help me work through those horribly anxious moments (triggers can cause deep anxiety). Gratefully I am able to reach into my tool belt to find the best tool to ward off the anxiety before it takes over.
Once we accept the concept that we, ourselves, actually feed the anxiety with our very own thoughts (and worry), we are able to work to change our mindset and start focusing on the positive. Another way to ward of anxiety is to get involved in something you enjoy so you are able to change your mindset before your mind starts taking over with negative thoughts (read Grounding exercises to ease anxiety and the stress of daily life).
If you would like more information on how to work through anxiety or would like to schedule a coaching appointment, please contact us Coaching
Love, light, laughter and peace