Yep, its official, I am totally on a breakfast kick! However, smoothies make awesome mid-meal snacks and they can completely replace a meal if you add protein.
Me, I prefer a morning smoothie! So does my 20 year old son which makes me so happy. He has one before work each morning in place of coffee! Like mother…like son 😁😁
There are so many smoothie recipes out there and they are amazing, and of course I am always experimenting with my own recipes, adding to them and altering them based on what my taste buds desire.
This one…so far is one of my favorites. Its simple, tasty and very satisfying…keeping me full till my next meal.
So without further ado I bring you…My Peach Mango Smoothie recipe!
Ingredients are as follows:
- 1 small handful of frozen peach slices (Trader Joes)
- 1 small handful of frozen mango chunks (Trader Joes)
- 1 cup of coconut milk (can be substituted with almond or cashew milk)
- 1 tsp organic raw honey (I love to use lavender honey)
- A dash of turmeric (recommended not mandatory)
- A heaping teaspoon of peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 (or 2) ripe bananas (peeled)
- 1/4 avocado (sliced) (this makes it creamy but its not mandatory)
**Feel free to substitute any ingredient that doesn’t thrill you with something that does. You can also add ingredients. If you would like more of a “green” smoothie you can add kale or spinach. This recipe is extremely versatile.**
Place all ingredients in a blender, mixer, smoothie maker, bullet, ninja, etc and blend. If the smoothie is too thick, add more coconut milk and blend some more. If the smoothie is too runny, add some ice or more frozen fruit and blend.
Prepare to be in Smoothie Heaven!