I have spent countless hours trying to discover the best recipe for Oatmeal Raisin cookies. My youngest son LOVES them, they are his favorite but after many attempts I didn’t love any of the batches I made.
UNTIL THIS RECIPE!! So far I feel like I nailed it!
Now you be the judge 🙂
- 1 and 3/4 Cups (1 & 3/4 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup firmly packed organic brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup organic cane sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon of organic raw honey
- 1-1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash of ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 2 3/4 Cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 Cup(s) raisins (I love Trader Joes raisins)
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed in an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and sea salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
These cookies are awesome with frosting!
I suggest cream cheese frosting (see below for recipe):
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix all ingredients together.