What is the definition of “Empowerment”?
- The process of becoming stronger & more confident.
- Gaining or claiming control of your life and your rights.
- Being more assertive and powerful in your personal and professional life.
- Going after what you desire and feeling you deserve it.
- Trusting your intuition to make good decisions.
What does it mean to be Empowered?
This is solely up to you.
Each person defines Empowerment differently as it pertains to their own goals and what they are looking to achieve.
I am requesting that you to dig deep here and ask yourself – “how do I want & what do I need to be Empowered?”
(personal exercise: what does empowerment mean to you? – please write this down in your journal – be descriptive – this is the first step in the empowerment process)
What Empowerment means, in the words of some beautiful women
- Strength, wisdom, independence
- Living in the now & being at peace with my complexities
- Being my best self
- The ability to take all of life’s challenges & rise just how we are
- Feeling in control of your life
- Being able to make decisions & have options
- Self care and a loving relationship with yourself
- Feeling free to be yourself without worrying about what someone else might think
- Having the strength to recognize and travel my own path and not the path others would lay out for me
- Supporting yourself, and those around you, to provide the confidence needed to voice feelings and take action
- Having the confidence to say no or walk away from a toxic or unhealthy situation
- Setting boundaries
How to become Empowered
Below are a number of suggestions on how to Empower yourself to be more confident, self-assured, powerful and more importantly to trust your intuition.
There is no timeline on how long it takes to become empowered, but the key is to be consistent and to always be working on yourself!
Remember we are all a work in progress!
~Life is an endless process of self discovery~
No more using the “I don’t have time” excuse.
Exercise changes our mindset and gives us more confidence (this is a top KeyStone habit) – for more information on Keystone habits visit my website at http://www.aveshaempower.com
Exercise comes in many forms, you do not have to join a gym to start an exercise routine. Here are some examples of ways you can get exercise:
- Wake up early and walk your dog (or at night after work)
- Start a Yoga, Pilates or a BootCamp or interval training routine (at home or a local studio)
- Hop on that treadmill (yep, the one you don’t use)
- Walk with friends at lunch (organize a walking group)
- Take a hike – this is an amazing grounding or earthing exercise that can truly change your mindset as soon as you enter the forest
- Download an exercise app (there are plenty of them to choose from) – ask me and I will recommend a few
Find your inner “bitch”
Yup, I said it, be a bitch!
- Honor yourself
- Put yourself first (I promise this is not being selfish)
- Speak up for yourself and stand up for what you believe in
- Say NO whenever it is appropriate
- Do NOT tolerate behaviors that are not healthy for you!
- Let go of those that do not serve your greatest good
Enjoy being with YOURSELF
Notice I did not use the word, alone?
Why? because you are not alone – unless of course you are living in isolation which I would guarantee you are not.
But in all seriousness you are not alone, you have yourself – and who is better than that? No one!
Get comfy with who you are, enjoy your own company, spend time doing the things you enjoy doing and you will discover a lot about yourself by doing so. Spend some time in nature…enjoy the peacefulness and the beauty of all that surrounds you.
(personal exercise: Grab your journal and go for a hike, find a nice place to rest and write about how you feel. Nature is very grounding! Sit with your thoughts and then write about them)
Say NO and feel good about it!
Everyone, including you, has the right to say no.
So, if there is something you do not want to do or that you are not comfortable with – use your voice!
Say no, confidently, knowing you are honoring yourself.
**Disclaimer: make sure you say no in a non-offensive way…you don’t want to intentionally upset anyone.**
(personal exercise: Grab your journal and think of a scenario where you would like to say No but you don’t – write it down in your journal – how does it make you feel when you thinking of saying no? write that down too)
Try new things!
Seriously, try anything (within reason).
Make a list and check them off one by one (bucket lists).
- Take a class (art, cooking, photography, pottery)
- Try making soap or jewelry
- Take up a sport or start exercising – daily
- Travel with someone or alone
- DIY projects (refinish furniture, paint something)
- SUP/Kayak, hiking, get out into nature
- Create a Meetup Group
- Go back to school and take classes
The list is endless really….start making your list right now (journal exercise)
Remove toxic people from your life!
This is probably the most important thing you can do in your life to move forward (and the scariest and the hardest to do).
- Dramatic people
- Negative people
- People with opposite morals/values
- Time and life suckers
Let them go.
If they do not bring you happiness and only cause you stress, anxiety or dread…its time to move on . However, if you cannot remove them from your life, at least set boundaries with them.
(personal exercise: Grab your journal and make a list of those you need to create boundaries with or to remove from your life altogether)
Know and accept your beauty,
inside and out!
Self acceptance and self love is the most critical piece to our self worth!
How we feel about ourselves is how others perceive us.
Put it this way, if you don’t love you….and I mean all of you, who will?
Ok so your butt is big, your eyes are too small, you are too short or too tall, you could use a few pounds or could lose a few pounds – who cares, no one is perfect. Never compare yourself to anyone! You are unique.
(personal exercise: Grab your journal and write down what makes you loveable? start a list in your journal of at least 7 or more of your most amazing qualities and add to it over time)
Define YOUR own success!
Remember success is specific to you and your unique goals!
Let’s set some obtainable goals BIG & small so you can figure out with your life coach or by yourself how you will reach these goals (i.e. relationship, weight loss, new job, life balance, work, no work, buying a house, raising kids, cars, vacations, school, etc.)
Set time lines (we all do better when we know what is expected of us and some of us work better when we are under pressure).
(personal exercise: Grab your journal and start making a list of obtainable goals and add to it over time)
LOVE& Respect Yourself!
Madly & Unconditionally
- Set a daily routine
- Sleep at least 7 hours
- Eat Healthy & Amazing Foods (work with your coach on this)
- Exercise regularly (*yoga, walking, hiking*)
- Meditate daily (download the Simple Habit app for guided meditation)
- Get a massage or Energy Healing
- Spend time with nature (hike, go to the park)
- Read a good book or two/LESS SCREEN TIME AND GET OFF FACEBOOK
- Spend time with healthy people
- Set KeyStone Habits
(personal exercise: Grab your journal and write down ways you can love yourself more)
Monitor your thoughts, often!
Be conscious of the stories you are telling yourself (do not let your “stories” be defined by anything but your Higher Self)
Let go of the past and create a new story (not just a chapter)! Remember, your past does not define you.
Keep your thoughts positive & motivating (do not ruminate about the past)
(tip: choose to have daily mantras sent to you (there are plenty of apps to choose from, pick one that works best for you)
(personal exercise: Grab your journal write down the thoughts that keep swirling in your mind which are keeping you from being mindful)
~The mind is everything, what you think you become~
Making significant changes in your life and healing from any sort of trauma or bad experiences takes time and Empowering yourself takes lots of work and energy to keep going.
There will be times you want to give up, you won’t see your progress (although others do) and you may even feel its not worth it. Do not stop, ever, by all means, have a down “poor me” day, eat ice cream, wallow in sadness but do not give up.
Wake up the next morning….get on your yoga mat, take a walk, make a smoothie, sing in the shower, do whatever you have to do to motivate and keep going but do NOT give up.
This workshop was created to Empower you to be your Best and Highest Self. I have done the work, I know how hard it is, but once you get to the other side, you will see that its worth it.
Love and Healing Always,
Contact us at Avesha if you like us to join you on your new Empowerment Journey!